» Teaching & Speaking
Teaching & Speaking
Allena presents to local and national conferences, classes and meetings, providing lectures, training and courses that are approachable, engaging and interesting. Call to schedule your date.
- Michigan State University, Teaching Assistant, Writing 150
- Lansing Community College, Adjunct Faculty
- US Department of Education, Upward Bound, MSU, Instructor, Composition & Literature (10th, 11th, 12th grade)
- Midwest Society for the Study of Literature seminar presentation, Nonfiction Essays
- Writing at the Ledges, guest speaker, “Breaking Into Freelance Writing and Editing”
- Boomers & Beyond Recharge, guest speaker, “Using Social Networking”
- Entrepreneur Conference, guest speaker, “Social Media,” and “Forming Your Home Business LLC”
- Women on Writing: developed, wrote and taught online writing classes “How to Become a PAID Book Reviewer” and “Writing for Social Justice” (three cohorts over the course of two years)
Typical Speaking Engagement Topics
- Writing for social justice
- Storytelling for grant writing
- Blogging for writers
- Get started freelance writing in 3 steps
- Your writing as a business
- Writing for the web
- How to make money reading
- Intro to editing and proofreading for cash
- Social media for writers
More about teaching and speaking skills can be found here.
Hold your date! Contact GWP.