» Editorial and Proofreading
Editorial and Proofreading
Need perfect, polished prose? Your work deserves an expert. GardenWall Publications has provided editorial services worldwide and in Michigan for over 10 years, serving clients such as:
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Boston, MA, USA): proofreading of online curriculum for Broward County, FL school portal.
Al Raheleh publishing (Riyadh, KSA): editing and proofreading of monthly English-language internal magazine serving a large hospital in Saudi Arabia.
The Current Events (Brooklyn, NYC, USA): weekly proofreading of a children’s newspaper printed in Brooklyn and distributed to classrooms throughout the US.
The Geneva Times (Geneva, Switzerland): proofreading of monthly newspaper that focused on expatriate life in Geneva.
Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI, USA): a former staff position included providing proofreading and publishing support for fellows, scientists, researchers and administrators.
The IJEHR, published by Taylor & Francis (Oxford, UK): supported the former Editor-in-Chief (based at Michigan State University) of this research journal published in the UK.
See a full PDF list of my editorial clients and credits here.
Editorial Skills & Abilities:
- Focused eye for copy mistakes with ability to change mindset based on chosen style (CMS, AP, APA)
- Dedicated shepherding of beginning drafts to ending polished product
- Familiar with various states of production, can edit on hard copy, soft copy, PDF, Word, internal systems
- Familiar with specialized publication steps, such as slugging of first pass, second pass cold read
- Aiding publications to analyze, audit, evaluate and establish direction of content using goals and objectives
- Manage editorial calendars, including calendars used across several teams/users/contractors/departments/mediums
- Able to identify trending stories and high-interest arcs
- Can simplify complex text/ideas for targeted readers
- Employ a proactive, positive author/writer/editor relationship
- Easily cooperate with all players in publications process from beginning to final print
- Able to manage volume projects across multiple vendors/sub-contractors